Earth Day is today, April 22nd, how are you celebrating this year? My kids have been spending some time in the glorious world outdoors, finally! While most of our lawn is still covered in snow, at least it’s relatively warm outside! Here are some great freebies for teaching kids about Earth Day, recycling, and more!
10 Earth Day Freebies for Your Homeschool
- Earth Day Sort – Help kids learn the difference between reducing, reusing, and recycling!
- Happy Earth Day Writing Activity – Kids of all ages can reflect on ways their family, school, and themselves can help keep the Earth healthy. Also encourages handwriting practice!
- Earth Day Coloring Pages – Creative kiddos can color the Earth with their colors of choice, or follow the color-by-code page to add critical thinking to art hour.
- Earth Day Poof! Subtraction to 5 – This Earth Day themed game builds fluency with subtraction facts to 5. It can be played in a small group or as a partner game. It is a fun way to practice those facts!
- Earth Day Word Search Freebie – Enjoy this Earth Day themed word search puzzle with 21 eco-friendly terms like atmosphere, compost, and recycle.
- Earth Day Bookmarks – The perfect Earth Day treat for your students. Available in full-color and black-and-white.
- Earth Day Survey and Graph – A fun and different way to practice graphing in your classroom while encouraging collaboration between students.
- Spring Coloring Book – Let your little ones COLOR & SPELL Spring words.
- Love the Earth Mystery Picture Graph – Students will love discovering the mystery picture by coloring in the correct squares on the alphanumeric grid using the coordinates given. This is a great addition to an Earth Day or recycling unit!
- April 2015 Journal – A month of free journaling for learners age 8 to 100! Read about important historic, artistic, and current events that happened during the month of April – including J. Robert Oppenheimer’s birthday and Earth Day on April 22nd. Then develop vocabulary and critical thinking skills.
Want to turn your Earth Day celebration into an educational experience? Discover new ways to learn about the amazing planet we live on (without breaking the bank!) –> Earth Day learning resources.
Love, Luck &
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and buy I may make a few pennies to keep up Homeschooling in Nova Scotia. Thanks for your support!